POPIA PRIVACY NOTICE
We understand that your personal information is important to you and that you may be apprehensive about disclosing it. Your privacy is just as important to us and we are committed to processing and safeguarding your information in a lawful manner.
We also want to make sure that you understand how and for what purpose we process your information. If for any reason you think that your information is not processed in a correct manner, or that your information is being used for a purpose other than that for which it was originally intended, you can contact our Information Officer.
You can request access to the information we hold about you at any time and if you think that we have outdated information, please request us to correct or update it.
Our Information Officer’s details
Name and surname
083 633 6194
Our Deputy Information Officer’s details
Name and surname
079 376 8299
Silver Lake Trading 305 (Pty) Ltd
9 Chris Botha Street, Westdene, Bloemfontein, 9301
051 444 0880
The organization is an authorized financial services provider with FSP number: 34437 and we render financial services in various product categories.
The source of collection of your personal information
We collect personal information directly/indirectly from the following data subjects:
- Clients who have appointed the representative(s) as their broker;
- Current clients who have queries about their existing portfolios/policy information;
- Policyholders who enter into a policy with an insurer via the organization; and
- Prospective clients who enquire about our financial services.
We may need to share your personal information and/or utilize software or online platforms to enter and process your information. Your personal information may also directly/indirectly be collected through the completion of authority letters, consent forms, FICA client due diligence forms, mandates to act as broker, records of advice, third-party (product provider) application or claim forms, etc. and information gathered during appointments, consultations or for business management purposes. These forms are completed either electronically (online) or in hard copy and will only be done in strict adherence to the requirements of the Act.
We may also collect information about you from other sources such as external third parties and from cookies on our website.
Law authorizing or requiring collection of personal information
As an authorized financial services provider, we are obligated in terms of the following legislation to collect your personal information insofar as it relates to the rendering of the relevant financial services to you:
- Financial Advisory and Intermediaries Services Act 37 of 2002;
- Financial Intelligence Centre Act 38 of 2001;
- Insurance Act 18 of 2017;
- Short-term Insurance Act 53 of 1998; and
- Long-term Insurance Act 52 of 1998.
Purpose for processing your information
We collect, disclose, hold and use your personal information mainly to provide you with access to the products and services that we provide. We will only process your information for a purpose you would reasonably expect, including:
- To administer, issue and manage your insurance policies;
- To comply with any legal and regulatory requirements;
- To comply with the obligations contained in the contract concluded between yourself and the organization;
- To confirm, update and verify your details;
- To notify you of new developments, products or services that may be of interest to you;
- To process insurance claims and to take recovery action;
- To provide you with advice, products and services that suit your needs as requested; and
- To verify your identity and to conduct credit reference searches.
Some of your information that we hold may include, your first and last name, e-mail address, a home, postal or other physical address, other contact information, your birth date, gender, occupation, past employment, qualifications, residency status, titles, your assets, banking details, expenditure, income, insurance, investments, liabilities, family history and medical information.
Some of the aforementioned personal information may be mandatory to provide within the context of product providers’ underwriting disclosures and requirements.
Failing to provide compulsory information may lead to our organization’s inability to carry out the functions necessary to perform as an authorized financial services provider.
Third parties and your personal information
We may need to share your information to third parties in order to provide the advice, analyses, products, services or reports that you have requested. Where we share your information, we will take all precautions to ensure that the third party will treat your information with the same level of protection as required by us.
These third parties may include:
- Analytics and search engine providers assisting in the enhancement of our website;
- Auditors of the organization;
- Governmental or regulatory authorities;
- Information Technology specialists assisting us with data analytics, processing, security, storage, etc.;
- Product providers, for example in order for us to assist you with amendments to and/or renewals of your policies, or to request alternative quotations on your current insurance portfolio;
- The Compliance Officer of the organization (where applicable); and
- Your employer (where applicable).
The transfer of your personal information outside of the Republic of South Africa
If your information is hosted on servers managed by third-party service providers located outside of South Africa, the level of protection afforded to your personal information by that third country or international organization is equal to the protection afforded by the POPI Act.
Complaints and objections
As a data subject, you have the right to –
- Lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator (in this case please request Annexure B);
- Request that we confirm, free of charge, whether or not we hold personal information about you;
- Request that we consider your objections to the processing of your personal information (in this case please request Annexure B); and
- Request that we provide you with a description of the personal information we hold about you, and to explain why and how it is being processed (in this case please request Annexure A).
The Information Regulator
In the event that your personal information has not been processed in accordance with the POPI Act and the principles set out above, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator.
For further information regarding the complaints process, please visit the website of the Information Regulator, as indicated below.
Alternatively, you may contact the Information Regulator for further assistance:
The Information Regulator: Adv. Pansy Tlakula
Physical address: JD House, 27 Stiemens Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2001
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION CLIENT CONSENT FORM
We understand that your personal information is important to you and that you may be apprehensive about disclosing it. Your privacy is just as important to us and we are committed to processing and safeguarding your information in a lawful manner. We also want to make sure that you understand how and for what purpose we process your information. If for any reason you think that your information is not processed in a correct manner, or that your information is being used for a purpose other than that for which it was originally intended, you can contact our Information Officer. You can request access to the information we hold about you at any time and if you think that we have outdated information, please request us to correct or update it.
Our Information Officer’s details:
Name and surname: Vossie Pienaar
Contact number: 083 633 6194
E-mail address: email@example.com
Our Deputy Information Officer’s details:
Name and surname: Carissa Buys
Contact number: 079 376 8299
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
“Personal Information (PI)” shall mean the age, belief, birth, colour, conscience, culture, disability, gender, language, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental health, national or ethnic origin, race, religion, sex and sexual orientation of a person; information relating to the education or the criminal, financial, medical or employment history of the person; any identifying number, symbol, e-mail address, physical address, telephone number, location information, online identifier or other particular assignment to the person; the biometric information of the person; the personal opinions, preferences or views of the person; correspondence sent by the person that is implicitly or explicitly of a confidential or private nature or further correspondence that would reveal the contents of the original correspondence; the opinions or views of another individual about the person whether the information is recorded electronically or otherwise.
“POPIA” shall mean the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 as amended from time to time. In line with the 8 Conditions in POPIA, we –
- Accept joint responsibility and accountability with you to responsibly manage and protect your personal information when providing our services and solutions to you;
- Undertake not to further process or share your personal information with anyone if not required for assisting you with your solutions or by law;
- Undertake to be open and transparent and notify you as and when required by law regarding why and how your personal information needs to be collected;
- Undertake to freely confirm what personal information we have, to correct and update the personal information, and to keep it for no longer than legally required;
- Undertake to only use your personal information for the purpose required to assist you or provide solutions to you;
- Undertake to protect and safeguard your personal information in our possession; and
- Undertake to receive, only from you, and process the personal information that is necessary for the purpose to assist you with your required solutions, conclude the necessarily related agreements and consider the legitimate legal interests of everyone concerned, as required by the Act and to respect your right to withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal information.
Silver Lake Trading 305 (Pty) Ltd or the companies who assist or provide us with the solutions your required need to collect, keep and use your personal information as prescribed by relevant laws and regulations and for reasons such as:
- For audit, recordkeeping and insurance underwriting purposes;
- To assess, submit and process claims;
- To carry out the transaction(s) you request, to provide the solution(s) you require and to maintain our relationship;
- To comply with any regulatory requirements allowed by law, legal proceedings or court rulings;
- To comply with the obligations contained in the contract concluded between yourself and the organization;
- To conduct credit reference searches;
- To confirm, update and verify your details or identity;
- To notify you of new developments, products or services that may be of interest to you; and
- To verify that you are an authorized user for security purposes.
We may need to share your personal information and/or utilise online or software platforms to enter and process your information for application, claims or business management purposes. This will only be done in strict adherence to the requirements of the Act.
Silver Lake Trading 305 (Pty) Ltd and the companies providing the solutions to you may use “cookies” on their websites. This enables us and them to improve your future visits to our site as well as provide you with a more user-friendly experience.
I hereby acknowledge that I have read and understood the POPI Confidentiality Clause.
STAY UP TO DATE
Join our newsletter by providing us with your details.
At Opulentia you can always be assured of top class solutions for Life-Insurance, Investments, Group Schemes, Medical Aid, Short-Term Insurance, Wealth Management, Employee Benefits, Trust and Estate Planning Services and Risk Management. Opulentia Financial Services has financial solutions for you and your company…
LIBERTY • MOMENTUM • HOLLARD • DISCOVERY • OLD MUTUAL • SANLAM • ALEXANDER FORBES • ALTRISK • CIA • CIB • KING PRICE • KEU • HIC • ONE SURE • NEW WHEELS • MUTUAL & FEDERAL • PPS • RENASA • RISK GUARD • BRYTE • SAFIRE • MERX HCV • WESTERN • SANTAM • STILUS • THATCH • VAPS HCV • F&I • FRONTLINE • EXECULINE • CYCLE SURE • CORPORATE SURE • CAPTIVE • CROSS COUNTRY • ASSURANT • AUTO GENERAL • AIRSPACE AFRICA • CAMARGUE • BNB SURE